Saturday, March 31, 2012

selina style

First, a heartfelt thank you to everyone who commented on my wishing out loud post. Working on a book can be a bit, well, daunting ... even when it is a dream come true. The many encouraging words I received have been such a boost and continue to cheer me along during the first of my deadlines! However, tonight I am taking the night off to talk about another book: Homespun Style by Selina Lake.



If you're like me, you have come to admire Selina's lovely styling through her other books Bazaar Style and Romantic Style, where you can count on playful mixes of pattern and texture, always garnished with flowers or fabric, and always punctuated with an effervescent pop of hot pink.



Like this dreamiest of bedrooms in soft shades of aqua, blue and mint.



Or this colorful kitchen on page 25 that I seem to get stuck on every time.



Beautiful rooms of well-organized crafting chaos: bins and baskets of yarn and paper and buttons.



Fabulous details without being fussy



Not only is Selina's imaginative styling showcased in beautiful photography by Debi Treloar,



but the layout is fabulous and the words by Joanna Simmons are perfect.

Remember the bright, uncomplicated colours that filled our childhood paintboxes?



If you follow Selina's blog and Facebook page as I do, you know one of the reasons why her books are so fun, special and lovely:
Selina loves what she does and does what she loves.




Okay, tomorrow it's back to working on the book for me! I hope to share more on that soon.

But tonight, I am catching up on reading blog posts!

WOL!

xo
elyse

17 comments:

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Elyse,

Way to go! I am sure you must be so excited working on your projects for the book. It is such an amazing experience. Enjoy it!


Gabriela

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely book...and good luck!

Megan said...

I can tell from all of these pics that I would absolutely love that book! And I love your blog!

Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

Blondie's Journal said...

What a great book! It looks like a great one to get all cozied up and go through! The pictures are lovely!

Best wishes on your book. I know you are working hard!

XO,
Jane

Theresa said...

Well that looks like a lovely book! Take a deep breath... can't wait to see your project completed! I know it will be wonderful!

Have a blessed day, HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- that looks like a delightful book. I have not seen it yet. Good luck with your deadline-you CAN DO this, Elyse! Blessed Palm Sunday- xo Diana

Apple Blossom Barn said...

Hi Elyse

I have Selinas book too it is simply lovely and so will your book too!

Best wishes

Denise

SLR said...

big sigh. i need to get my hands on this book still! just gorgeous. swoooooooooooon.....

Melinda said...

Great fun!

Melinda

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I agree, her decorating style is so beautiful. It makes me want to redo every room in my home! Get rest and enjoy the process of your book deadline!!

Special 'K' said...

thanks for sharing such a precious book. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Anonymous said...

I am running right over there and see her blog. Love her colors and style! Good luck with the book! Kit

Kit said...

I am running right over there and see her blog. Love her colors and style! Good luck with the book! Kit

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I just bought this book while we were in Dubai and plan to enjoy each and every colorful page in all their glory. I think I could look at it every day over and over again and always see something new. Have fun with your book project. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

Decor To Adore said...

What gorgeous images! Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

toko busana said...

This is a great posting I have read. I like your article. Thank you

Lucy Coles said...

your blog is so full of lovely colers and ideas.
Lucy